HOMELET’s Rental Index figures for April 2019 have been released.
The headlines from this month’s report are:
- The average rent in the UK is now £936, up by 0% on the same time last year
- When London is excluded, the average rent in the UK is now £775, this is up by 8% on last year
- Average rents in London are now £1,617, up by 8% on last year
- The region with the largest year-on-year increase is the South East, showing a 3.2% increase between March 2018 and March 2019
- Of the 12 regions monitored by HomeLet, all showed an annual increase in rental values except the North East, which showed a decrease of 1.1%
As the UK’s largest tenant referencing firm, HomeLet reference over 500,000 tenants every year. The HomeLet Rental Index provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date data on rental values in the UK.
The trends reported within the HomeLet Rental Index are brand new tenancies, which were arranged in the most recent period, providing an in-depth insight into the lettings market.
Head to https://homelet.co.uk/homelet-rental-index/ for more information.